Author Topic: First couple games in today, couple questions  (Read 1638 times)

Dr. Cheesesteak

• View Profile
First couple games in today, couple questions
« on: November 16, 2015, 03:16:45 am »
So, wanna say 1. absolutely love the game!  As did my opponent.  So much, he wants to buy one of my 2 factions.  which means I'll need to buy a 2nd one for future demos!  =D  He also wanted to get into the expansion KS but saw it ended right before we started playing lol...

But, we did come across a couple situations we were unclear on.

1. Order of operations on a specific scenario.  So, I did my damage roll on an opponent in close combat.  I rolled a 3 or 4 on Yellow, so the Delayed effect was a 2" push back.  However, I didn't kill him, so he got his damage rolls on me.  He ended up killing me and used Vae Victis.  He happened to be a few inches away from another model of mine at an angle.  We weren't sure if the Vae Victis or if the 2" push back gets resolved first.  It would have affected the game and determined if he could've got into combat w/ my other model.  It was the last combat of the phase, so I believed the Wound Chart Delayed effect would apply first, which is what we agreed to settle on.  However, now I'm thinking Vae Victis should've applied first?

2. Dying state.  So if in the Dying State,  you can only move 2".  Can you move those 2" into base-to-base w/ an enemy and essentially tie them up in combat?  Forcing them to either Break Away or Coup de Grace you as their only option for activation?

Again, love the game, looking forward to more matches!

Pawel

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: First couple games in today, couple questions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:55:36 am »
1.Delayed effects are resolved at the end of current combat. Vae Victis is performed after combat resolution. So, in your example model is pushed back 2" before he can use Vae Victis rule.

2. Dying State - model in dying state can move in b2b with other model. However, it will not force Break Away. When b2b with model in dying state you can move/charge/run just ignore this model (of course you can not move through its base). Model in dying state can not perform Vae Victis.

Thanks for questions! The second fill be in FAQ.

bobal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 11:34:15 am »
Hello!

On a related note, my opponent and I had an argument about delayed effect, vae victis, and melee separation.

Here is what happened :

My model A was charged by his model B, then I charged B with C, and D counter charged as well, on A...

To sum up, my A had to fight D, and my B had to fight C.

We started with A versus D, and the damage roll on the yellow table had A push D back 2 inches away.
Then he was base to base with opponent B who charged him initially, and friend C.

though the melee was separated so as B would fight C, A was in the mix as well, as he was in contact with the model that charged him. But as he did not perform a vae victis, we decided he was not allowed to fight in that second fight, even though he was in base to base with the model that charged him.

Did we do things right? or was it a 2 versus one fight?

or, do you need more explanations :D

Anyway, thanks for the game, lovin it!

Alpha_Strike

• View Profile
    • Alpha Strike - Australian Online Games & Hobbies Supply Store
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:43:24 am »
2. Dying State - model in dying state can move in b2b with other model. However, it will not force Break Away. When b2b with model in dying state you can move/charge/run just ignore this model (of course you can not move through its base). Model in dying state can not perform Vae Victis.

Hmmm... it says under the Dying State that a model 'may not in his activation declare any actions other than move up to 2"...'. A 'Charge' is an action and is the only way to enter base to base combat during a models activation phase.

Are you saying that in the models weakened condition it can just sort of stagger around and ignore the B2B rule?
Alpha Strike - Australian Online Games & Hobbies Supply Store
www.alphastrike.com.au
We Sell Norsgard

Alpha_Strike

• View Profile
    • Alpha Strike - Australian Online Games & Hobbies Supply Store
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 04:23:20 am »
Hello!

On a related note, my opponent and I had an argument about delayed effect, vae victis, and melee separation.

Here is what happened :

My model A was charged by his model B, then I charged B with C, and D counter charged as well, on A...

To sum up, my A had to fight D, and my B had to fight C.

We started with A versus D, and the damage roll on the yellow table had A push D back 2 inches away.
Then he was base to base with opponent B who charged him initially, and friend C.

though the melee was separated so as B would fight C, A was in the mix as well, as he was in contact with the model that charged him. But as he did not perform a vae victis, we decided he was not allowed to fight in that second fight, even though he was in base to base with the model that charged him.

Did we do things right? or was it a 2 versus one fight?

or, do you need more explanations :D

Anyway, thanks for the game, lovin it!

2 vs 1 fight. Model A could have fought the combat round with bonus dice from Friend C model or vice versa. If it is a new combat, and a model is not in the Dying State it can fight, or provide bonus dice to another friendly model.

I hope that helps. 8)
Alpha Strike - Australian Online Games & Hobbies Supply Store
www.alphastrike.com.au
We Sell Norsgard