Author Topic: I love the look of this game!  (Read 2899 times)

Goa

• View Profile
I love the look of this game!
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:16:40 pm »
I just found you on the internet today, and am a huge fan of your orc figures.  I'm bummed I missed your kickstarter.  Just joined the forums, and will be reading through the rules pdf tonight before my gamer group meets at my house.

Where is the best place to buy figures, or are they even available yet?

Goa
~Goa

Pawel

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I love the look of this game!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 12:14:49 pm »
They are not available yet. However, you can send me PM and we will try to solbe issue with lack of miniatures. I am still gathering kickstarter orders and one more order will not be a big problem.

Goa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 10:22:46 pm »
Are you offering a kickstart package?  If so, excellent!  I will look through the options and message you. 

Also,  where can I find the army list descriptions?  I have downloaded the alpha PDF from the kickstart page.  But they are not included.

-Goa
~Goa

Pawel

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 10:58:00 pm »
yes, I am thinking about KS package.

For army lists - please check updates: 40, 41 and 43.

Goa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 02:33:31 am »
Who is this figure?  I think he is awesome, and didn't see him while looking through army list/ cards.  Is he still in the game? Or can he be used as a commander?

Goa
~Goa

Mikus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »
From what I heard the old models were too small thus couldn't be used for the game. But I know Pawel loves the Templar Part of the Order of the Ram so after the game will pick up speed we might start getting the templars.

My personal opinion about templar minis is: RIGHT NOW, ALL OF IT, IN MY FACE, 24/7!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:12:03 pm by Mikus »

Mork Tribe - based 7/16; painted 7/16
Order of the Ram - based 7/11; painted 8/11
Dogs of War - based 0/2; painted 0/2
Outregard - based 0/1; painted 0/1
Egir Tribe - based 0/0; painted 0/0

Goa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 07:44:51 pm »
Ahh. That makes sense.  A total lack of mention of the Templars/paladins had me confused. 

Given that each base size has a height associated with it, isn't any figure playable on a 40 mm base?  I am going to be play testing this game with bases of the correct size with the troop type written on it.

I don't have the lists in front of me, but isn't it possible to have a commander with shield and spear (that denies the bonus from a charge)?

~Goa

Mikus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 02:42:05 am »
Unfortunatly not with Orcs, at least with the version of the rules that I have. The Scarlet Watch has little customization from the bottom up, while the Dark Guard has plenty with his expanded spellbook. Their strenght lies in dividing their opponents and efficent kills as they need to cut down the enemy as fast as possible before they get swarmed.

Orcs dominate in 1 vs 1 combat but if its 2 or more it gets bad really fast.

Especially if the enemy decides the combat resolution order.

Pawel

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 01:16:52 pm »
Indeed, orcs shine in one on one combat. Dark Guard hs the highest CMD value from all commanders and thanks to special rules orcs should always have tactical advantage.
On the other hand there is no much room for customization of their weapons. Here barbarians shine.

Speaking about orc templars. Orc templar was great mini, but body proportions were bad. So, I made decision to rework templars and I already have a lot of concept arts ready. The Scarlet Watch belongs to orcish temple - Order of the Ram. However, they are outcasts. A day will come when orcs will get their true templar brother minis, but not now.

Mikus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 12:24:05 am »
By the way Pawel, what are the alliance of the bat strenghts?

Pawel

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 07:59:09 am »
A lot of Dragon Dust weapons - ranged weapons. In rulebook you have Dwarf Lord, Siege Master and Rangers - all of them can carry ranged weapons and I dare say that Lord and Siege Master have best ranged weapons in the game. You can soften the targets with gun fire and then let your wulfkins make a charge.

The biggest problem will be to find balance between scenario play and ranged combat, because without help from dwarves wulfkins will be outnumbered. You can also try your luck with making pure dwarves or wulfkins army lists. It is possible now, but not very good choice... we will try to change it future.