Author Topic: Orc culture, family and joining the Order?  (Read 1279 times)

Mikus

• View Profile
Orc culture, family and joining the Order?
« on: January 10, 2015, 10:37:49 pm »
So we know the elves are undead, the Mork are savage and tribal, the Draken more or less civilized vikings and that the wulfkin and dwarves are on enough equall terms to form a close alliance but what about the orcs?

It's the first time I've encountered such a disciplined and self-sacrificing orc culture.

Do they have females, ask for assistance from other races to breed or do it the warhammer way like plants?

Also how do they support or were supported to build those fortresses or got all those top notch equipment?

Are there huge numbers of orcs who herd goats and such near the elves and the mork or do the dwarves and the Dragen tribes used to pay some tribute for the Order's services?

Do you get selected to be trained for the order or you are born into it?

Mork Tribe - based 7/16; painted 7/16
Order of the Ram - based 7/11; painted 8/11
Dogs of War - based 0/2; painted 0/2
Outregard - based 0/1; painted 0/1
Egir Tribe - based 0/0; painted 0/0

Pawel

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Orc culture, family and joining the Order?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:15:11 pm »
Ok, interesting question... I will try to answer as best as I can.

First of all orcs have balanced population - male and females. However, only males can serve in the Order and they are selected, but in orc culture this is great honor to join the Order and every young orc dreams about it.

Most of the races were created by gods from different crystals. Orcs were first race created in that way and they were created as protectors/guardians.

Normally orcs live in towns of other nations. They are not warmly welcomed nowadays, but are respected. Nations have to pay some tribute for the Order. Now they do not see a reason why they should pay orcs for protection since the lands are not in danger and stories about undeads are now only dim legends, but they fear the wrath of the temple. Orcs have the best and the biggest army even it is mere shadow of the past.