Author Topic: Chapter 1  (Read 1767 times)

Pawel

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
Chapter 1
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:28:40 pm »
Please post here any questions and mistakes found in the chapter.

amazingmrg

• View Profile
Re: Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:10:14 pm »
Let's start off with an easy one! 

1.1 KeyWords - I would recommend changing the title to Keywords (no upper case W).  I just think it looks better!

amazingmrg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 05:23:37 pm »

The game uses ten-sided dice, D10 for short. A 3D10 notation means you are to roll three dice. Each result of 10 allows you to roll an additional die in that test. These dice can generate further extra dice, to a maximum of 10.  No single roll may exceed more than 10 dice.

There are two basic types of tests, or rolls, that you might be called upon to make:

or

There are two basic types of tests, or rolls, that you may be required to make:

•   Standard Test – roll a number of dice equal to the models attribute being tested. Each result equal to or higher than the Difficulty Level generates one success. Each result lower than the Difficulty Level generates one failure. Regardless of what the difficulty level is, a result of 1 is always a failure, while a 10 is always a success.
•   Opposed Test – an Opposed Test occurs when two or more models belonging to opposite armies carry out the same action trying to achieve opposite effects. In such a case, each player rolls a D10 and adds the value of his models attribute being tested. For each result of 10, the player can re-roll the die and add the result to the total. The player with the highest total wins. In case of a tie, repeat the test until one side wins.

A player may never roll more than 10 dice during a single standard test. If the number of dice to be rolled would exceed 10, reduce it to 10 before rolling. This could then be completely removed, unless the intention is that Opposed rolls can have more than 10 dice?

amazingmrg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:12:15 am »
•   Penalty/X – this penalty lowers the value of the given attribute by X, down to a minimum of 1.

I think this could do with an example.  If it works like I think it should, then maybe something like "MOV/2 would represent a penalty of 2 to the models MOV attribute."

Also, maybe rearrange the order slightly.  Move sections 1.5 and 1.6 forward (to 1.4 and 1.5 respectively) and move 1.4 to 1.6.  This way the rules flow from Dice -> Distances -> Attributes -> Penalties.  It seems a little more logical to me and works better with the change above.

Shrapnelsmile

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 06:34:35 pm »
•   Penalty/X – this penalty lowers the value of the given attribute by X, down to a minimum of 1.

I think this could do with an example.  If it works like I think it should, then maybe something like "MOV/2 would represent a penalty of 2 to the models MOV attribute."

Also, maybe rearrange the order slightly.  Move sections 1.5 and 1.6 forward (to 1.4 and 1.5 respectively) and move 1.4 to 1.6.  This way the rules flow from Dice -> Distances -> Attributes -> Penalties.  It seems a little more logical to me and works better with the change above.

yes, sound advice. Seconded if possible.

The rule book layout, and rules themselves are looking great Pawel.
~ Shrap

Pawel

• Administrator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 02:20:39 pm »
ok, thanks - I will see what we can do now. First chapters are ready. I hate late changes, but we will try to make them.

Penalties on the other hand are written in different way: penalty/2 to MOV
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:25:20 pm by Pawel »